IPK Latest Travel Trends 2016/2017
Tourism is still on growth path despite terror attacks and political unrest. Although there is no impact on the overall volume of worldwide outbound trips this year, there are changes in the travel behavior as for instance Europeans play safe by switching destinations.
In addition, changes in Asian travel habits have been recognized, but – generally speaking – the Asian outbound travel boom will continue in 2017, according to the experts at IPK’s World Travel Monitor® Forum in Pisa, held 3rd - 4th of November 2016. Also, the US Outbound Travel speeds up - although Brazil crashes so far this year, but upturn expected".
In addition, interesting results of the World Travel Monitor® show that "Sharing Accommodation impacts cities more than hotels".
Under the following link you can download our press releases from IPK's World Travel Monitor Forum, organized every year by IPK International in cooperation with ITB Berlin, the world's leading tourism fair.
- “Tourism on growth path despite terror”
- “Europeans play safe by switching destinations”
- “Asian outbound travel boom to continue in 2017”
- "US Outbound Travel speeds up - Brazil crashes, but upturn expected"
- "Sharing Accommodation impacts cities more than hotels"
Download the press release in English or German.